- When visiting your favorite websites -- look for RSS feed icons that indicate the website provides it. Often a feed icon will be diplayed somewhere in the navigation of the site.
- Use Blogline's Search tool - Bloglines recently expanded search tool lets you search for news feeds in addition to posts, citations and the web. Use the Search for Feeds option to locate RSS feeds you might be interested in.
- Check out the top "Edublog" award-winning blogs and wiki list of school library blogs.
Topix.net - This search tool allows you to locate recent newsfeed items based upon keyword or phrase searching. The tool focuses specifically on news and media outlets RSS feeds for information, not weblogs
Syndic8.com - Syndic8 is an open directory of RSS feeds that contains thousands of RSS feeds that users have submitted.
Technorati - Technorati is a popular blog finding tool that lets you search for blogs. Since RSS feeds are inherent to all blogging tools, Technorati Blog Search can help you find RSS feeds for topic specific blogs you may be interested in.
Google Blog Search - See what appears when you search "CSLA" or "school library learning 2.0"
Blog Pulse - Tracks conversations. For example, try putting either "school library learning 2.0" or the URL (http://schoollibrarylearning2.csla.net) to see who is talking about us recently.
- Explore some of the search tools noted above that can help you locate some news feeds.
- Create a blog post about your experience. Don't know what to blog about? Here some questions to think about ...Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use? Which Search tool was the easiest for you? Which was more confusing? What kind of unuseful feeds did you find in your travels? Or what kind of unusual ones did you find? What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?